Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:43:17 +0200
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   portmaster and pkgng

Hello.

I'd like to try pkgng with portmaster. I see that "pkg2ng" is involving
the directory /var/db/pkg, so this implies that there may implications
also for usage with ports-mgmt/portmaster. portmaster is supposed to be
the tool completely dependend on system's toolsets, isn't it?

I know that "pkg" is supposed to be more for binary maintainance of the
system, but I'd like to be "stuck" with compiling my ports. Is there an
issue with that?

Thanks inadvance and sorry for the (naive) noise.

Regards,
Oliver