Date:      Tue, 13 May 2014 09:13:54 +0300
From:      wishmaster <artemrts@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd_jail@dachev.info
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new jail framework with vnet, zfs and jail.conf support

 --- Original message ---
 From: freebsd_jail@dachev.info
 Date: 13 May 2014, 08:18:21

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently in process of development of new tool for easy jail
> administration with zfs and vimage/vnet(bridge epair interface) support
> The idea is to have a single application (python script) without any
> other confg files and customization
> This tool is written on Python, also work only with vnet, zfs and
> FreeBSD 10 (probably will work on FreeBSD 9.1 but i never test it)
> JADM work only with native /etc/jail.conf
> When is started for first time jadm generate new /etc/jail.conf in
> special format developed by me.
> jail.conf file can be used and without JADM.
>
> for more information please contact me or visit:
> https://github.com/NikolayDachev/jadm
>
> JADM is in development status more of functions work normal (with bugs
> but work :)).
>
> Unfortunately i don't have a lot of time for it so i need test users.
> At the moment last function for JADM is to support skeleton jail model
> (similar to ezjail with base jail and etc.)
> This function is still in progress meanwhile, if someone have a time to
> test all other functions and to report any issue, bug or ideas

  This is good idea. But..
  Skeleton mode is fine, but model implemented in ezjail is awful. You must install software in each jail. Therefore if I have 2 or more jails, I must install/upgrade/test software in each jail! Oh my God.
 IMHO, true 'lite' jail model is: have one basejail with installed soft and the rest jails - with own /var, /tmp and so on.
 I use this model.

Cheers,
Vit