Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 11:27:01 -0700
From:      Tim Bach <root@quicknet.transport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem's with two 3.6 gig SCSI drives

Well my two hardisk's and  computer fell to the ground.
Since then i have been getting ton's of errors...
I think it might have originally been the first hardrive but now but of them are screwed.

I have done a fsck and it has removed a bunch of errors and say's every is ok basicly..
But when i try to access certain directories or files it panics or gives me such and such file not found and abort's whatever it was doing.
Everytime it panics and reboot's a bunch of new error's crop up and i go on.
fscking it..
keep repeating this until i get tired..
So i decide to try and backup it all..
Turn's out when i do try to back it up it actually creates error's on the other drive i know is good.
Right now i just want to backup what i can...Alot of the files are perfectly fine but when i try and back it up it hit's a certain area or whatever and everything is garbage after that.
So what i want to know is if there is something better then fsck i can use on my 3.6 gig SCSI drive running under adaptec controller.
Or maybe a way of just copying all the files without copying the errors.
I tried cp,mv,tar,and zip all for some reason manage to copy errors to the error drive which basicly are unfixable  with fsck.
What would really be nice if there was something like norton disk doctor for unix...
It's badly needed that's for sure..If there isnt please something think about creaating something like that for FreeBSD.
Sure would add to the value of it.

Please email any responses thanks.