Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 09:34:10 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GEOM/libdisk problem on pc98

In message <20021104.170202.85350015.nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>, Takahashi Yoshihiro
writes:
>The test program for libdisk is a failure in pc98 disks.
>
>I wonder at why pc98 disks don't have their type ('ty') in the result
>of kern.geom.conftxt, but i386 disks have.

I still have practically no documentation of the PC98 format and no
hardware I can test on, so I am pretty unable to do anything sane.

Feel free to fix this and submit patches to me for review: I want
to make sure we don't adversely affect the platforms which work at
this late point i the release-process.