Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:26:54 -0800
From:      Chris Doherty <chris-freebsd@randomcamel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW, blocking IM servers

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 06:20:09PM -0600, Kirk Strauser said:
> > I'm doing that now, however, I know the Yahoo client will use any open
> > port it can find and tunnel through that.
>
> I hadn't been aware of that.  Seems like rather un-neighborly behaviour.

heh. not that they originated the idea, but the first I heard about
every application using HTTP was maybe five years ago when it turned
out that if you blocked AIM's normal ports, it would just start using
HTTP over port 80. :-)

Chris Doherty
chris [at] randomcamel.net

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat
all our provisions now, so we won't have so much to carry."
               -- A. A. Milne