Date:      01 Oct 1998 20:07:53 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mouse behavior

After installing FreeBSD-2.2.7,  I haven't been able to figure out how
the mouse is supposed to work.  The dialogue box where you test to see
if it works duing install, showed it to be working.

Now when logged in I can hylite text in console mode and it sort of
shivers and glitters as well as hylites.  But no movement of text from
one place to another seems possible.  To insert something at the
command line, isn't happening.  Left click, hylite and copy, right
click paste isn't it?  Anyway I've tried every combination I could
come up with.

Went back to the dialog box and verified that the mouse was working
several times.  Still no copy takes place.

--
Harry Putnam reader@newsguy.com
Running Redhat Linux-5.1