Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:26:36 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        francisv@dagupan.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [OT] Revision control system

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:16:09AM +0800 I heard the voice of
francisv@dagupan.com, and lo! it spake thus:
> Hi,
>
> Can you share with me how you make use of RCS in your production systems for
> system configuration changes, etc.? We're using this script to edit
> configuration files:
>
> /usr/local/bin/rvi:
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	co -l $1
> 	$VISUAL $1
> 	rcsdiff -u $1
> 	ci -u $1

I messed with RCS for a while, but it quickly showed its inherent
impracticality.  I just use CVS for everything nowadays, with a single
central repository accessed via ssh from elsewhere.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com