Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:03:33 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   usb recognition problem

I am attempting to compile coldsync. During the configure process it
attempts to verify whether there is USB support or not on the FreeBSD
machine. It does this by attempting to compile a simple program.

I get this error in the config log;

configure:3713: checking for library containing gethostbyname
configure:3789: checking whether ENODEV is defined
configure:3825: checking whether O_BINARY is defined
configure:3834: gcc -c -Wall -ansi -pedantic -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include conftes
t.c 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:3830: `O_BINARY' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:3830: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:3830: for each function it appears in.)
configure:3830: warning: unused variable `fd'
configure: failed program was:
#line 3827 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <fcntl.h>
int main() {
int fd; open("dummy", O_RDONLY | O_BINARY);
; return 0; }
configure:3867: checking for BSD USB support
configure:3883: gcc -c -Wall -ansi -pedantic -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include conftes
t.c 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:3879: structure has no member named `vendorNo'
configure: failed program was:
#line 3875 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
                #include <dev/usb/usb.h>
int main() {
                struct usb_device_info udi;
                 udi.vendorNo = 0x082d;
; return 0; }
configure:3900: checking for socks behind the sofa
:q!
su-2.03# locate confdefs
/usr/david/sql/sqlscreens-1.0.1/confdefs.h

I am wondering if anyone knows what is up here. I have posted this
on the coldsync list with no results.
Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.