Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:05:34 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Interesting happenings with a new kernel

Hey guys, I was installing 3.3-RELEASE last night on my machine and ran into
something I had never seen before.

#1 when it boots it freaks out about the memory being 512 megs, though I set
the MAXMEM option in the kernel config..

#2 When it finally does boot, the keyboard isn't really locked up, I can
still hit crtl-alt-del and reboot, but no other characters can be typed.
There is a rather large blinking cursor right above the login line too.. I
thought it was something goofy like I commented out keyboard support or the
keymaps or something, but that wasn't it..

Any ideas on these two problems?

The machine is a PII400 w/512M RAM, All Western Digital hard drives (IDE), a
Mitsumi IDE CD-ROM, USR 56k PnP Modem, AWE32 Creative Labs sound card,  ATI
RageII Video card (I think) with a 12 Meg Voodoo2 PCI Creative Labs Addon,
Realtek PCI NIC.

Thanks!

-Mitch