Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:44:03 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@kuyarov.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jakarta-Tomcat + Apache

Hello,
	Quick question: I thought FreeBSD worked out a deal with Sun to get native java support...so..I'm trying to install jakarta-tomcat4 [from ports to get .jsp and java servelts support]...why is the port requiring a linux base and a whole lot of other linux/redhat 7.1 stuff?  Am I doing something wrong/ is there another better/faster way to get .jsp/java servel support for apache2?  I remember I installed apache1 and jakart-tomcat a while ago...and I don't think it needed all that linuxbase/redhat/linux compatibility stuff.

			Not Understanding a lot of stuff.
				Peter