Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 02:37:52 +0000
From:      Bruce Grisham <bruceg1@erols.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   aha2940u2w not detected

I have a 2940u2w, the new LVD controller from Adaptec.  FreeBSD can't
see it.

I press Ctrl-A at system boot to see what resources the controller is
using:  IRQ 11, port 0xEC00.  Depending on BIOS twiddling, sometimes it
uses IRQ 10.

I had no trouble setting up a Supermicro P6DLS with onboard scsi.  It
was probed and detected with no changes to the defaults.

This system is a P6DLF with the PCI scsi controller mentioned above.

I tried UserConfig CLI, then into the visual, and just about covered the
bases with that.

Any good references on adding device support for and of course properly
probing/recognizing arbitrary/new/unknown-to-bsd devices?

This system also has two Fore Systems NICs with their own i960s to
analyze internet traffic on Oc3 links.  If I could ever get this
controller going I could proceed with those headaches.