Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:19:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Directories disappearing?

Starting approx a week ago, directories have started to disappear from
my -current system.  It only seem to affect directories in which files
are added/removed (both operations have had directories disappearing
under my feet).

Anybody else that are having the same problem?  Any suspect changes?
I've not had enough disk activity for the files in the directories to
go away through proper unlinks - I've had a a directory with 3000
files disappear with nary a sound from the disk.

fsck is not reporting any problems with the disk this has happened on.

Eivind.