Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:36:25 EST
From:      Roger534@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I guess it's not going to work

--part1_140.bce0850.29d2c269_boundary

I'd like to thank everyone who encouraged me to install FreeBSD on my old PC,
but
it turns out that that machine has the "broken" CMD PCI-0460 disk controller,
and
also appears to have what linux users call a "Winmodem" which is incompatible
with anything but Microsoft Windows. So I guess I'll hang on to the FreeBSD
manual and a couple of programming books I bought (bash and gawk) until I can
afford a new machine. I have seen the future, and it is called Open Source .

--part1_140.bce0850.29d2c269_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I'd like to thank everyone who encouraged me to install FreeBSD on my old PC, but
<BR>it turns out that that machine has the "broken" CMD PCI-0460 disk controller, and
<BR>also appears to have what linux users call a "Winmodem" which is incompatible with anything but Microsoft Windows. So I guess I'll hang on to the FreeBSD manual and a couple of programming books I bought (bash and gawk) until I can afford a new machine. I have seen the future, and it is called Open Source . </FONT></HTML>

--part1_140.bce0850.29d2c269_boundary--