Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 01:39:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/4566: Update of port games/angband

 *  > The port has a problem that I do not know how to fix.  The port itself
 *  > builds, installs, runs, and deletes just fine.  But if you do a
 *  > "make package", the installed package does not set the group-write
 *  > bit on the directories of lib/angband that it creates.  Maybe this
 *  > is related to my umask (022), but it seems like the directories should be
 *  > created with the necessary permissions regardless.
 *
 *  I guess it loses the permissions because `make package' generates a
 *  file list which is tared. Maybe you could add some `@exec chmod ...'
 *  statements in pkg/PLIST.

It is because of umask 022 during pkg_add, not pkg_create's fault.
This is a feature.

Your suggestion for the solution is correct, btw.

Satoshi