Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:59:19 +0300
From:      "Tolpin Vladimir" <tolpin@chat.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Shutdown

Hello

    There is one strange question about shutdown.
    The problem is:
    We have server witch "on" only when someone at work, but the last one
who
leave room must down it, but only I have root password and other have only
users account and password to 'on' system . Please explane me how common
user can down server without root password.

    I would like to have such solution:
Add new user call 'shutdown' with password witch use then system start and
when this user login system must start some script file and halt itself. Is
it
possible to do this ??? If yes, please tell me how can I do it.

P.S.: Sorry for my English.

Waiting for your answer: tolpin@chat.ru