Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 20:05:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't find boot.config/boot.help, WHY?

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> i recently changed my boot drive to a 500MB IBM SCSI disk.
> Everything works fine, but when getting started, the bootblocks
> tell something about "Can't find file boot.config" and
> "Can't find file boot.help"... I installed the bootblocks
> with "disklabel -B" and everuthing works, only this message
> confuses me a little...

You're prbably on the 2.2.2 boot blocks which were rewritten
significantly.  Boot.config lets you set some boot-time parameters as well
asthe location of where to boot (helpful when the boot blocks have trouble
findnig the kernel, like in combo IDE/SCSI systems).  boot.help, I don't
know what it does.  If you need these they might be on
releng22.freebsd.org.

As you said, everything works OK w/o them.