Date:      Mon, 7 May 2012 09:24:28 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Add GEOM_RAID to GENERIC?

I installed 9.0 on a new desktop that used Intel's on-board RAID yesterday and
it worked great.  One nit though is I had to remember to kldload geom_raid
manually from the shell before starting the install, and to load it from the
loader on the first boot after install.  The old ataraid(4) was present in
GENERIC, so I think it would be fine for GEOM_RAID to be present in GENERIC
now (certainly on x86).  What do you think?

--
John Baldwin