Date:      16 Jul 2001 16:27:46 -0500
From:      Hal Snyder <hal@vailsys.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: router question

Rob Braun <rbraun@apple.com> writes:

> Several companies, one of which is LanMedia Corporation (LMC), sell
> PCI cards that handle T1s and include an integrated CSU/DSU. So,
> yes, you can terminate a T1 on your PC. Find one of these cards and
> you're all set. I believe FreeBSD already has a driver for the LMC
> cards.

LanMedia was bought by SBE (sbei.com). They make a T1 card
(wanadapt-1E1T1, used to be LMC1200P) with built-in CSU/DSU so you can
plug a in a raw T1.

I am in process of merging their current driver into FreeBSD-current.
OpenBSD and NetBSD support the card in Cisco-HDLC mode - no frame, no
sync PPP, no E1.