Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:02:58 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        aalwuhaib@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel stops at make

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 08:23:28PM -0700, aalwuhaib@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi
> I can't compile my custom Kernel because of linking
> problems
> Attached are my Kernel Configurations for a laptop
> The only addition is device pcm (the sound card)

You forgot to attach this, and you also forgot to include the part of
the compilation output which shows the error, so we can actually tell
what's wrong.

> Note:
> I have removed SCSI Devices + RAID because it is only
> a laptop w/ no SCSI

This is where you probably made a mistake.  Using my magic powers of
clairvoyance, I predict you left in the 'umass' device, and are
getting failures related to the removal of the CAM code.

Do I win? :-)

Kris

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--