Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:42:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Steve Watt <steve@Watt.COM>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MPD UDP setup

Steve Watt wrote:
> When I try to start mpd, I get the following in my error
> log, and don't see anything bound to UDP:3141...
>
> Nov 14 23:57:59 wattres mpd: [netremote] can't bind ksocket node: Invalid argument

Are your netgraph modules up-to-date and kernel in sync?

What happens when you run ngctl(8) and enter these commands?
Replace "X.X.X.X" with your globally visible address.

    + mkpeer ksocket sock inet/dgram/udp
    + msg sock bind inet/X.X.X.X:3141

If that works, then try enabling netgraph debugging in mpd
and ngctl and compare the messages going back & forth.

-Archie