Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:07:28 -0400
From:      Chris Strzelczyk <stenchmaster@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making Mozilla like java????

Hello everybody,

    I am just about to rip my hair out on this one.  I have seem many
submissions to mailing lists but zero replies about this.  Whenever I
start Mozilla I get this message:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
[/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so:
Undefined symbol "*libintl_dgettext*"]

Java does not work with my freebsd-native configuration.  Here's what I have installed:

FreeBSD-4.6-release
Mozilla-1.0rc3  from /usr/ports/www/mozilla
jdk-1.3.1p7         Java Development Kit 1.3 from /usr/ports/java/jdk13

Everything installs fine.

My Mozilla works just fine but not with java.  I have tried to compile gettext by itself
and that didn't work.  I have also tried to link libjavaplugin_oji.so manually and that
didn't work either.

Thanks for any help
-cs