Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:53:26 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual processor setup...

Hi BSD Neophyte!

On 15 Jan 02 at 13:38 you wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with installing FreeBSD on an Asus
> P2B series MB?

Not on this particular mobo, but...

> Also, if the processors were of a different stepping, would it
> matter?

FWIW, I have a dual processor server (IBM Netfinity 3500,
self-installed CPUs) with PII/233 MHz processors at different
steppings. One is Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 3, the other is
Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 2. These have worked quite nice together
since July 2000. But not every combo is supported - I had to try 5
or 6 CPUs until I found two that agreed to play along.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* The human brain is the apparatus with which we think we think.