Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:23:45 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Garance A Drosehn <gad@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Replace /rescue/vi with mined(1) with a BSD license

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 12:48:04AM -0400, Garance A Drosehn wrote:

> What Matt did was contact the original author and get the editor put
> under a BSD license, and then he went on to make a few improvements
> to it.  It is a nice, minimalist full-screen editor.  I have been
> meaning to try out mined (and make sure it compiles on all our hardware
> platforms, etc), and see about adding back to FreeBSD.

It compiles without warning and functions on amd64.

In looking over the mined.1 man page, I noticed the
key bindings weren't discussed (only the F1 help
key is mentioned).  So, I update the manpagei with
the key bindings, sent it to DragonFlyBSD, and my
patch was committed within an hour.  I suspect it
will take much longer for anyone to asks for the
diffs.

--
Steve