Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:44:38 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   stunnel and popb4smtp

Hi folks,

I'm using stunnel to SSLify my pop server.  The problem with this is
that all secure POP3 connections appear to originate from 127.0.0.1.

I'm not much of a networking guru, and was hoping someone could give me
some advice on how to set up interface aliases and routes so that I can
use stunnel's transparent proxy mode.

As I understand it, I need to alias a new address onto my ethernet
interface and set up static routes that ensure that all traffic between
this new address and the outside world is routed through the existing
address on the interface.  Something like...

	xl0:
		inet 10.0.0.130 netmask 255.0.0.0
		alias 10.0.0.131 netmask 255.255.255.255

	Secure popd listens only on 10.0.0.131:110

	The stunnel transparent proxy proxies:
		10.0.0.130:995 -> 10.0.0.130:110

	Make 10.0.0.130 the gateway for 10.0.0.131.

Now how do I set up routing based on origin instead of destination?

Anyone done this before who can confirm that I'm on the right track?  Is
this doable?  Have I taken too many drugs?

Ciao,
Sheldon.