Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 06:03:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ibcs2 lkm compile still fails

> > Though reported on past Friday and supposedly been fixed by ache (?)
> > I still don't see the fix in my supped tree. ibcs2 still fails to compile
> > due to that #define _POSIX_SAVED_IDS <nothing> in sys/unistd.h. The
> > code in  /usr/src/sys/i386/ibcs2/ibcs2_xenix relies on that macro being
> > defined to something evaluable. I wonder if it's time to blame sup
> > or what is the cause?
>
> Hmm, I'm going to put in some new stuff RSN, but currently I'm fighting
> a locking problem in the filesystem code after the latest changes Dyson
> put into the ufs code...
> My plan was to have it into 2.0.5 but now I'm not sure that I can hold
> that plan :-(

I think folks have really missed the boat if they where thinking of
getting *anything* into 2.0.X after 4/28/1995:
The following provisional schedule for 2.0.5 (now perhaps 2.0.6 due to
the fact that the pcvt people jumped too quickly on the last cancelled
2.0.5 release :-( ) is proposed:

        April 17th:     Begin CODE 'FREEZE' on NEW features on a branch copy
				of 2.0-950412-SNAP.

	April 21:       SNAPSHOT for testing.

	April 24th:     2.0.5 CDROM mastered.

Yes, it slipped, but May 2 is a little late to be thinking you have a
chance :-(.