Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:45:47 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ThunderBird 115 slow and unresponsive

Hello.

In the latest day I upgraded ThunderBird and got 115.3.0.
Well, it's *SO* *MUCH* slower and less unresponsive than 102, it makes
me think something is wrong.

E.g.
Dragging the separator between message list and message preview was real
time on 102; on 115 you drag it, release the mouse button, and after a
second the panes resize.

Selecting a bunch of messages and moving them to a different folder used
to be close to immediate on 102. On 115 the window is repainted a couple
of times after each message is moved. So to move, let's say, 20
messages, 10-15 seconds are needed.

I've not used 115 much on other platforms, but as far as I can remember,
I didn't notice such an unresponsiveness.

So is there something wrong in the FreeBSD port? Something to tweak?
Was there some infrastructural change in the UI?
Is anyone else experiencing this?

  bye & Thanks
	av.

P.S.