Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:06:44 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Lin, Shih-Min" <sl151@waikato.ac.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Out-dated mirrors and info.

Lin, Shih-Min wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've noticed that some mirror sites are not actually synchronously mirrored (or even not existing). For example, 5.4 has been released for quite a long time yet on New Zealand mirror site (www.nz.freebsd.org) it still read 5.3 untill these days (this week, if I'm not wrong). Also the ftp mirror (ftp.nz.freebsd.org) seems not existing (at least I have been unable to get on it for months). The user group "The New Zealand FreeBSD Users Group" also seems to be not working since 1999.
>
> Some links in FAQ page should also be removed. In Chapter 6 "6.4. Are there any commercial high-performance X servers?" there is a link toward Metro Link which is actually nothing to do with X server (doubt it? click on it and you'll see what I mean). I know this question should be submitted to FAQ mailing list, and actually I did - months ago; but oddly enough, the dead link is still there.
>
> I suggest you should spend some more time to check the accuracy of information on your website.
>

> Regards,
> Sam

> Welcome to Sam's Blog: http://semin.blogspot.com
> Any comments are welcome.

Hi there,

I updated the FAQ pages so that the metro link is no longer available.
This should be visible within 24 hours.

Apart from that I saw that the www.nz.freebsd.org mirror now is in sync
again. I also had contact with the ftp.nz.freebsd.org maintainer and the
datacenter the machine is in is moving stuff around. It should be up and
running in around 2 days.

Hope this helps you :)

cheers,
Remko