Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 07:33:46 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Open Office 1.0 install errors

I have not been able to successfully compile Openoffice-1.0.0 since it
was taken off the broken ports list.  It takes nearly a day to compile
and somewhere in the install process, it fails.  I end up with
setup.bin.core in the /usr/local/Openoffice.org-1.0/program directory
and trying to run setup as a normal user always complains that it cannot
start setup.bin.  If I try to run setup.bin directly it complains about
shared libraries it cannot find, but which are obviously in the normal
place.

The fact that it takes so long to run through a compile cycle just makes
it hard to collect data.  The last time I did it I tried to use the -L
flag on portinstall, but apparantly it did not save the log file where I
asked it to, as I cannot find the log file anywhere to try to diagnose
the problem.

I can try to install again, but it is so frustrating to suffer through
the length of time required to do it...

/Joe