Date:      19 Nov 1997 19:00:14 -0600
From:      Chris Radek <cradek@in221.inetnebr.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running Linux FlagShip under FreeBSD-current

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

> > Can anyone tell me what /dev/full is?  If I can get around that, it looks
> > like FlagShip should work.
>
> I believe it's like /dev/zero but generates all 1s instead of all 0s.

I've seen a few guesses but none of them are correct so far; I hope
there aren't a hundred people answering this by the time I do.

The point of /dev/full is that a write() fails (returns -1) and sets
errno to ENOSPC.  On Linux, it looks like reading /dev/full is the same
as reading /dev/zero.

(from src/linux/drivers/char/mem.c)

-Chris