Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:20:26 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bob M." <bmiddaugNOSPAM@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the proper shutdown procedure?

Thanks guys, I was using shutdown now to shutdown, but I was wondering if
that was correct since I get this error message "/ was not dismounted
properly" at the end of the boot process.  I don't have the dmesg output
with me now.  I didn't know about halt and man shutdown doesn't refer to
flushing cache, unmounting disks or stopping services. Is there a list of
commands inherent to FreeBSD anywhere?  Thanks again,
Bob

bmiddaugNOSPAM@sdf.lonestar.org (please remove NOSPAM to reply)