Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:30:26 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Marc.Mosko@parc.com
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tdma module

On 29 March 2012 13:59,  <Marc.Mosko@parc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any documentation available for the tdma module? =A0I'm primaril=
y interested in how time sync works and how slots are assigned.

> I had implemented some tdma macs on an old madwifi on linux 3 years ago a=
nd I'd like to bring them into a current driver without having to hack it t=
o death like before.

Hi,

Google for Sam Leffler's TDMA paper.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to test it out, so it's quite
possible that it's broken in 9 and further broken in 10. The specifics
are:

* the beacon related timers changed between AR5212 and AR5416 (11n),
so all the TDMA assumptions that certain timers were in TU's were no
longer true;
* I've massively hacked on the TX data path to support 802.11n
aggregation. Although I know what is needed for TDMA, I've ignored it
for now and will continue to do so until I finish 802.11n aggregation.

I do plan on trying to bring up TDMA on -HEAD once I've finished the
11n TX aggregation work. I have a good idea of what his work is
supposed to be doing, so I'll just fix up the STA/AP TDMA
configuration first and ensure that the timers are setup correctly.
I'll then worry about frame TX.

I won't say no if you're interested in helping out :)

Adrian