Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:48:07 -0800
From:      Jason Helfman <jgh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Renaud Chaput <renchap@cocoa-x.com>, douglas@douglasthrift.net
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: rubygem-chef-0.10.8_1

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Jason Helfman <jgh@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Renaud Chaput <renchap@cocoa-x.com>wrote=
:

>> Hi Douglas,
>>
>> The updated Chef port for 10.16.4 is ready, I am waiting for PRs
>> #173646 #173647 and #173648 to submit it, as they are needed
>> dependancies.
>>
>> If you need, I can send you the patch for rubygem-chef-10.16.4.
>>
>> Renaud
>>
>> Le Fri, 28 Dec 2012 23:06:20 -0800,
>> Douglas Thrift <douglas@douglasthrift.net> a =E9crit :
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Are there any plans to update to Chef 10.16.4?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>

> I was working on updating chef with a colleagues PR's some months ago, an=
> discovered that an upgraded dependency of chef (either highline or net-ss=
h,
> I believe it was the latter ) failed for at least one port that required =
it
> as a dependency. I can take a look at this again.
>
> The update to chef is here
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/171005
>
> and seems less of an issue compared with another pr for the update.
>
> -jgh
>
> --
> Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
> jgh@FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serv=

Ok, after updating rubygem-{highline,net-ssh} and rebuilding all ports that
require it, I was able to build chef against version 10.12.0 that is from
this http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/171005

Here is a link to the modified patch.
http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh/files/chef.diff

Additionally, if you apply the patches in these prs, it should be good for
testing it out, at least.

rubygem-highline: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/173647
rubygem-net-ssh: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/171010

The update to net-ssh was very similar to yours, however this also took
into account the options framework updates.

I can take a look at 173646, then I believe we will be ready to move
forward with the chef update. Please send me the patch, and I can work on
it.

Thanks!
-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh@FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve