Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 16:37:40 -0500
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports Options Paper

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 01:29:53AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
# On 8 Sep 2000, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
#
# > As I said before, this is a solved problem.  Please show why MASTERDIR
# > is not appropriate if you want to continue this discussion.  ("It is a
# > hackish way" is not a valid reason. :)
#
# Yeah..this is a fair point. Even if you guys don't like the way it
# currently works, it does work and there are better things we should be
# working on - this can always be improved later.

I happen to also subscribe to the one port, one package guideline.
And yes you are right we have much bigger fish to fry.  What we
have today works even though it might be suboptimal.

-steve