Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:20:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
To:        Bert Driehuis <bert.driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NI-1 support for isdn4bsd?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Bert Driehuis wrote:
> I probably wouldn't be *that* hard. This topic came up a number of times.
> Most I4B developers are in EuroISDN land, don't have access to the specs
> and (what's worse) cannot test anything.

Yeah, that's what I got out of the mailing list archives... just
wondering if anything had changed since then :)

> The bottom line seems to be: if you start hacking on it, there are a
> number of people who went through the ordeal with EuroISDN that are
> willing to assist with moral support, advice and interpreting log files.
> But someone in National land will have to do it.

I'm willing to give it a shot, assuming I can get the NI1 specs... it
looks like TR-NWT-000776 (is that the right one?) is $159 from
Telcordia... if anyone knows where I can get it cheaper, please let me
know :)

Also, I don't have an ISDN card yet (currently using a very old external
TA, which I'm not too happy with). Any recommendations for a decent ISA
card with S/T interface that works with NetBSD/i386, and can be had for
cheap? :) I'd love to help with NI1 support, but if it's gonna cost me a
lot of money, I might as well just get a ISDN/Ethernet router... I often
see these Teles/Moses kits on eBay--one Teles iStar card and two
ethernet cards, but I think the ISDN card is probably U interface :(
Actually, U interface would be fine, if it has a S/T output... I've got
an ISDN phone I want to keep :)