Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:22:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Vondrasek <david@stumbleinn.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Kenneth Chiu <chiuk@cs.indiana.edu>
Cc:        "Joseph A. Chonko" <jachonko@mtu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on un*x

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Kenneth Chiu wrote:

> >From the main pine menu, go into setup and then config.
>
> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Joseph A. Chonko wrote:
> > I checked the  faq and there is nothing that can help
> > me to say where I can place my pop3 account and my smtp address.  How
> > can I do this so I can recieve and send mail from bsd?
> > -Joseph Chonko
> > MTU
> > jachonko@mtu.edu

Edit your .pinerc file in your ~/ home directory. Look for these lines.

# List of SMTP servers for sending mail. If blank: Unix Pine uses
sendmail.
smtp-server=mail.server.here

# Path of (local or remote) INBOX, e.g. ={mail.somewhere.edu}inbox
# Normal Unix default is the local INBOX (usually /usr/spool/mail/$USER).
inbox-path={pop3.server.here/pop3}INBOX

Then save and restart Pine.
--

David L. Vondrasek