Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:32:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Looking for static analysis tool to generate call graphs

I'd like to generate static call graphs from sections of src/sys/kern,
src/sys/net, and src/sys/netinet, and ideally, get an output that looks
pretty when printed to a (perhaps large) piece of paper.  It doesn't need
to be able to handle function pointer magic in structures (vnode
operations, socket operations, file descriptor operations, sysinits, etc);
I just want a fairly high-level graph to get a feel for particular chunks
of code spanning a couple of C files.  Anyone have any recommendations?
Preferably something that can actually parse the variant of C we use in
our kernel :-).

Thanks,

robert@fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research