Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:28:22 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Arthur Alacar <art@pili.adn.edu.ph>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD with rumba

Hi Arthur,

I don't think this is possible - as most the audio/video players I've seen
require 'low level' access to the CD, and not the filesystem access that
Rhumba / Samba etc. would provide...

On the other hand I would love to be proved wrong, and no doubt in the future
- the CD support may include mapping the audio / video data (even if for
example it's CDA / CDI format to a filesystem)...

Sometimes - if your lucky the video disks do actually have files on them (some
CDI MPeg films I bought ages ago did anyway) - which can be played by remote
MPeg players, but if not - your out of luck...

Regards,

Karl