Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:47:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      George Reid <greid@FreeBSD.org>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keeping up to date

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, j mckitrick wrote:

> | src/UPDATING, CVSROOT/commitlogs, the cvs-all mailing list.
>
> Hmm.  The first is simple.  The second, you need a CVS tree locally.  The
> third... well, i *was* following cvs-all, and well... i guess i just got
> overwhelmed with so many changes i was reading that didn't affect me, even
> filtered for -stable.

It depends to what level you want to keep up with changes. If you just
want the basics and/or things which may catch you out, read UPDATING (you
should be reading UPDATING everytime you rebuild world anyway).

If you want detailed information on what changed and when, there isn't
really a substitute for CVS. I know that -core are attempting to solicit
reports from various teams working on particular parts of the source
tree; that's another possible avenue (when it happens :)).