Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:55:07 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Free <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 2U server choice - experience/suggestions?

David Greenman wrote:

>    We (TeraSolutions) are just about to come out with a 2U server model. What
> features do you need?

	We've had good luck with the ISP 2150's. Minimal requirements include
at least two hot swappable SCA drives accessible without de-racking the
machine, support for at least two processors, at least 2G ram, complete
serial console support (where "complete" includes access to the bios
boot process), onboard video and NIC, and the ability to center-mount
the box. Send me a URL when the product's ready.... we're always looking
for new vendors. :)

Doug