Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:37:55 -0800
From:      Landon Fuller <landonf@threerings.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   [patch] tun(4) and tap(4) if_clone support.

--Apple-Mail-1--48118304

Nick Barkas (snb@threerings.net) and I have added interface cloning
support to the tun(4) and tap(4) drivers.

We maintained backwards-compatible support for devfs cloning, which
is now disabled by default -- it can be re-enabled via a sysctl.
Interfaces that are created via devfs cloning may still be removed
via ifconfig destroy.

The latest patch is available here
	http://www.opendarwin.org/~landonf/code/patch-tuntap_ifclone

I've submitted kern/105228 with the patch, and I'd be most
appreciative of comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Landon Fuller

--Apple-Mail-1--48118304