Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:43:58 +0300
From:      Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Open Office 1.0 install errors

Hello, Joe Kelsey!

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 07:33:46AM -0700, you wrote:

> I have not been able to successfully compile Openoffice-1.0.0 since it
> was taken off the broken ports list.  It takes nearly a day to compile
> and somewhere in the install process, it fails.  I end up with
> setup.bin.core in the /usr/local/Openoffice.org-1.0/program directory
Do you have your native (FreeBSD) procfs mounted?
I had this type of problems with Linux OO, I had linprocfs mounted, but
not native one, and it behaved in such way. When I mounted standard
/proc it started to work (thanks for suggestion to
<sobomax@FreeBSD.org>). Still downloading package to see, so I cannot
say for sure if it will work with native OpenOffice.

> and trying to run setup as a normal user always complains that it cannot
> start setup.bin.
Same here.

--
NEVE-RIPE