Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:03:40 -0500
From:      Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Build failure in stand

So I don't fully understand why this build failure happened, but I did
manage to find root cause.  It turns out that there was a bug in make
that caused our build infrastructure to write objects and other build
output to the srcdir rather than the objdir in certain cases when
using make -C.  I have a workaround in place for now and bdrewery@ is
working on a fix for the build infrastructure.