Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 23:22:53 -0400
From:      bwern@jax.jaxnet.com (Ben Wern)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAXTOR 71260A?

Greetings one and all.

I can't seem to see anything in the docs or release notes.. so here goes:

I am trying to install a MAXTOR 71260A (1.2G) IDE harddrive, and then
install FreeBSD on top. The problem is, my bios won't see past the first 500
or so megs. So, the FreeBSD then doesn't see any further than 500 megs. This
has the added benifit of making the drive unstable, and I get repeated page
fault errors when booting the boot disk to install. The included driver
software, Max Blast, doesn't seem to help.

Is there a driver, or patch, or fix, or.... any hope?

Thanks,

Ben Wern
bwern@jaxnet.com     | Finger or mail for latest
bwern@pathtech.com| PGP key revocation and
bwern@unf.ed u          |     latest key update.
 "I used to get disgusted, but now I just get amused"