Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:35:54 -0500
From:      Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@FergInc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Aztec Sound card.

 I just did an installation of 2.2.7-RELEASE to a P2/400 HP Vectra. It
 has an AZTEC sound card that shows up like:

 Probing for devices on PCI bus 1:
 Probing for PnP devices:
 CSN 1 Vendor ID: AZT1008 [0x08105407] Serial 0xffffffff

 sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
 sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.1>
 opl0 at 0x388 on isa
 opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
 mpu0 at 0x330 irq 6 drq 0 on isa
 mpu0: <MPU-401 MIDI Interface 0.0 >

 It seems to be having some problems.. the mixer seems to work fine..
 but using amp or mikmod or cating .wav files to /dev/dsp all give me
 ( loud ) static.  I have tried to use Luigi's psm0 driver..  but that
 is giving these errors :

 Oct 29 11:05:01 daisy /kernel: timeout flushing dbuf_out.chan,
 		cnt 0xff00 flags 0x00000041

 This happens when you run amp ( which again gives static ) which only
 outputs for a brief moment. I have a friend here who is using the driver
 successfully ( on a different card ) and he suggested configing with
 the flags changed like so:

 device pcm0    at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector pcmintr

 Same problem reoccured.

 I am not sure what is happening here.. I have tried manipulating the
 BIOS parameters. I found that i have to tell it that the OS does
 _not_ know about PnP in the BIOS for the card to show up at all. I am
 fairly sure that nothing else is using either the IRQ or the address
 for this card.. but it sure smells like an interrupt conflict.

 Does anyone have any ideas?

  - branson