Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:36:47 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how can i find out which modules are loaded in apache

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

On 02/01/05 11:08 AM, Ken Hawkins sat at the `puter and typed:
> I have installed apache13 and it is running however when i run;
> 'httpd -l' I see this:
>
> Compiled-in modules:
>    http_core.c
>    mod_so.c
> suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec
>
> I am running as root on the box and am trying to make sure that
> mod_alias is part of apache. it looks like it is not however since
> their is a BIG hole in between _core.s and _so.c
>
> what is the easiest path to installing apache13 with ssl and mod_alias?

Configuration.  If you installed from the ports, you need to install
www/apache13-modssl or www/apache2, but other than that you probably
have most of them built as modules that just need to be loaded.  Check
your config and make sure mod_info.c is loaded, then uncomment (and
modify to your needs) the server-info section.  Then just load
http://<yourdomain>/server-info in your browser.  It'll tell you what
modules are loaded and IIRC, what their configurations are.

> I also have php4-pear, mysql, phpbb and phpmyadmin installed on the box
> so, will just make reinstal apache13 destroy all my settings here? I
> have to ask to make sure that I catch all the configuration files such
> as httpd.conf, php.ini, etc.

I don't think so, but you should at least back up any modified configs
beforehand anyway.  If something stops working, just reinstall it.

> how can i find out all the flags that are available to set for
> make/make install for the apache13 port? (rookie question)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ for 1.3 or
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ for 2.0.
The docs there are excellent - better than most open source projects in
fact.  There are also mailing lists that will focus a lot more on Apache
per se than this list.

Good luck
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Performance:
  A statement of the speed at which a computer system works.  Or
  rather, might work under certain circumstances.  Or was rumored
  to be working over in Jersey about a month ago.

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--