Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:13:13 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound channels a bit funny in guspnp18?

Hi

I am in play mode tonight, and I see some funnies with my GUS PnP as
exposed by mixer(1) and xmmix (from ports/audio).

The CD/TV (I have a Hauppauge WinTV/PCI on the CD connector in
pass-through mode) are both unaffected by the mixer's "CD" volume
setting. Instead, the "Synth" setting must be used. The "Speaker"
volume setting has absolutely no effect whatsoever.

When I use mpg123, the "PCM" setting in mixer works as expected, but
again the "Speaker" setting has no effect at all.

What is up?

Mark Murray