Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:16:24 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        bag@demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev), smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with smp kernel

> Hi,
>
> bummer....  well we definately did find and fix a problem.  My guess is
> that whatever causes the PARITY ERRORS when adding the 2nd CPU is what
> is causing the reboots.  when you say "when runing with one CPU it works"
> do you mean with 1 physical CPU installed, or do you mean with 2 CPUs installed

It now has 3 hours uptime without second adaptec, with SMP kernel and
2 physical CPU's, both on with sysctl. Though, it reboots on sysctl -w
kern.smp_active=2 in maximum as 40 minutes, but right now we did
sysctl -w kern.smp_active=1 after it has an uptime 2 hours and smp_active=0.
Strange, but I see 'TADA''s on console about _both_ CPU's being in work on
adding smp_active=1. 2 != 1, right ?
It still survives anyhow. Let's see when it crashes.

-mishania