Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:28:12 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        nospam@mgedv.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shared library loader configuration

On 2006-07-07 14:22, "no@spam@mgedv.net" <nospam@mgedv.net> wrote:
> dunno, if it's a misunderstanding, but my only question "how to tell
> the system where to load libraries and in which order to prefer paths"
> seems to be still open.
>
> anyway, thx for the reply ;-)
>
> ps: i already RdTFM ;-)

You don't.  Unless you modify the /etc/rc.d/ldconfig script manually,
/lib and /usr/lib will always be the first to search.

I'm still not convinced that "telling the system where to load libraries
from" is the solution to you problem, but I don't know what the problem
is.  You have to describe first *WHAT* the real problem is and *WHY* you
think modifying the library path is a solution.