Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:43:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Matthew E. Boyce" <ostone@ostone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   OpenOffice.org1.0 and much death

I feel a bit silly not trying to work this out for a day before I ask for
help, but I am a bit despirate (Windows98 TCP/IP died completely so I am
left with ONLY FreeBSD for awhile... which is no big deal, I just need to
get stuff working).  Well here is the problem: I downloaded the
OpenOffice1.0 for FreeBSD (it might be 1.0.1 but it doesn't seem to think
so) and ran the installer... so far so good... it installs with a pretty
installer (oooo ahhhh so very windows like) and I go to run ./soffice and
I get nothing more than "Abort (core dumped)".  I tried looking for anyone
with a similar error online, but no such luck.  If I could get some help
on this thing (and mind you I am fairly new using FreeBSD for anything
more than a NAT box) that would be great.
    ~Matthew E. Boyce