Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:16:38 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

Okay, I will fix the driver this weekend.

>From a driver point of view , when the device gets open the device
will be set to defaults values. Applications shouldn't depend
on keeping state information between close/open. In fact thats a
bad practice.

> 	*bt848 = 0x3;
> 	*bt848 = 0xc0;
bit 0 chroma overflow
bit 1 luma overflow
bit 7 video preset
bit 6 device in  h-lock

The above just resets the status bits . Writing a one to the bit clears
the condition. In the case of *bt848 = 0xc0 the card , the card resets
the video signal upon the next video frame.

	Amancio